Wednesday, January 8, 2014

In Which A Normally Chill GF Turns Into A Crazy Person

I've been with my beloved about a year. It took me a few dates to be sure about him but when I was sure-- I was damn sure. Our first date was Sept 2 and I was moved in by Christmas. We started talking about marriage really quickly but after some financial/timing talks I figured the "official" proposal wouldn't be coming until early 2014.
I was totally fine about it. Really. I rejoiced in others' engagements. I happily planned my BFF's bridal shower, wedding & reception. I was awesome. Then… my birthday came the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I had been super broke for his birthday the month before and therefore didn't buy him a gift. Instead, I made his favorite dinner and something that vaguely resembled an ice cream cake. I made the apartment cute and catered to him. My birthday? Leftover fried chicken (which I don't like). Oh… and an unfrosted bunt cake. Like, who has an unfrosted bunt cake for their birthday?
itsabunt
Oh, yeah, I was sick, too.
That's really not my man. I mean, he's usually really generous and thoughtful and stuff. We go out to dinner at least once a week, so I thought, you know, maybe he'd order in or something. Nope.
So, late that night, when a friend who has been dating his boyfriend for like 2 seconds, posted the last of his pictures from their uber romantic European vacation, in which they were flying home in first class and oh look! boyfriend proposed with an awesome blue diamond ring…. I was a little jealous. Just a little. I shook it off… until the next day….
I checked Facebook and, oh hey! Another freaking engagement. This time it's this dude from my old church who knocked up our mutual friend and then said he "didn't want to be a father who was in and out of his child's life" so he just ditched the kid altogether! She had to submit a DNA test to the Army to get child support against his will. Since then he's stayed in school and I really assume this is so he doesn't have to get a job and pay child support again. He tells everyone who doesn't know Baby Mama that he doesn't have kids! But oh yay for him and the poor chick who agreed to marry him. Yay love!
I was pissed. I hated myself for it, but I was CONSUMED with jealousy. My poor man just knew I was in a pissy ass mood for no apparent reason. I huffed and hit the pillows when I went to bed. I pouted. I finally admitted to myself that I was being the crazy, ring obsessed, bitch of a girlfriend I always hated others being. Although we had a very long day ahead of us Thursday, I couldn't get to sleep because I was just MAD. Thankfully, I didn't say anything to the manfriend, because he already had something up his sleeve….

No comments:

Post a Comment